Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Well, Thanksgiving is tomorrow and for once it looks like we might actually have 'fall' weather; it's only supposed to be 70* tomorrow. Yippee!!!!

I'm making the pumpkin pie today since we have the smallest oven on the planet and nothing can fit into it besides the turkey. It's an insane dash to get the green bean casserole and bread baked while we the tent the turkey for a few minutes. I pretty much just stand back and watch while my dh works his kitchen magic. (He even uses his Weber grill to keep stuff warm, heehee) It's quite a spectacle to behold, BUT the meal is AWESOME! So there, I'm not claiming to make Thanksgiving dinner, but I can bake.

I'm once again going to scan the sale ads tomorrow with delusions that I might actually get up and grab a few deals. I have this utopia in my mind that even though it's busy, it will be fun and festive. Then reality blurs back in and I imagine people fighting over material things and parking places; add to that the long lines and I'm thinking my bed will be awfully cozy at 6am.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy Turkey Day!!! I'm sure it will be fabulous. FYI all the Millers will be soundly sleeping and snug in their beds tomorrow morning. We agree that the $5 we could save is in now way worth the crowds and chaos!

Love you- I'm super thankful for you!!!!