Sunday, May 31, 2009

SO it's the end of May.
You know what that means --- finishing up school projects, gearing up for dance recital, mentally preparing myself for the massive amounts of food my children will consume just b/c they are here 24/7, and THE GREAT CLOTHES SHUFFLE 2009!

I've had two bags and a big box sitting here from friends; I am truly blessed with nice hand-me-downs from friends and neighbors. AND I have the labeled boxes of outgrown stuff from the bigs that the littles are now moving into. I'm mostly just doing it now b/c the summer sales are in full bloom and I need to take an inventory of who needs what. I'm REALLY trying to live life on a budget so don't want to fail to the temptation that Target is and just haphazardly grab what I 'think' they need.

But holy guacamole is this task overwhelming. It is just too much for my lazy laundry brain to think about so I proscrastinate until one morning and declare 'I can't wait another day' and just jump into the chaos. I just don't understand how the chaos gets so bad..........I am constantly making a bag for donation of too small stuff (as I fold laundry) and consistently tossing the stained worn-out items. I try to pay it forward by giving good stuff to friends as well. It's just that I have FOUR children- that insist on growing and usually it's all at the same time. Sigh.

The bonus is finding things with adjustable waist for Amanda from Maggie's old stuff. Just a few short years ago, adjustable waist was a novelty that Maggie didn't need anyway. AND if Amanda likes it and will wear it's double bonus! She is the essence of Punky Brewster; jeans and denim must be worn everyday.

Decluttering does feel nice and I'm trying not to get distracted and do toys while I'm in the boys' room. One. thing. at. a. time. Anybody want a toy work/tool bench. How about a Dora kitchen? Wait -- I'm not supposed to be doing toys yet.

Back to the boxes of clothes; pictures later. Happy Sunday!

No comments: