Friday, February 05, 2010

It's been so long since I updated that I'm almost too embarrassed to even start again. BUT I thought I would jump back in since I know some folks check in even though you don't comment (ahem, that means you!) We started 2010 off right with our traditional cabbage, black-eyed peas, and pork roast hoping it would bring money & health. Who could use a little more of that these days? We enjoyed having Grandma Hall's company until mid-January and then the home-made crepes and my 'crutch' were gone. Deep breath.

My days are mostly filled with assorted doctor appts./assessments/therapies for Amanda on top of her being here for her home teaching sessions. She is doing just AMAZING. She got her hair cut into a darling pixie cut that fits her sassy personality and it is really easy for her to deal with.She went back to her jazz and tap dance classes. No, I'm not kidding.......the child who was in brain surgery on Nov. 3, 2009 was back in dance class two months later. Her IEP is in the works so we are hoping she will be back in her classroom soon. However, please keep her continued recovery in your prayers. Her recent MRI revealed that she does in fact have a small 5mm spot that needs to be addressed. She will get a gamma knife radiation treatment within the next few weeks. We are praying that this will be the only extra treatment she needs (it's outpatient) and she will continue to make huge strides.

The other kids continue to handle this insanity well overall. Maggie is making me so proud with her new-found independence with regard to schoolwork and trumpet practice. This is from the winter concert. She is Ian's 6th grade buddy at school and she couldn't be happier. Now, if I could just get her a little more excited about cleaning her room. Sean has been in the heart of two school projects (now complete, phew!), finishing up basketball, and moving quickly into baseball. He's almost 10; how'd that happen? And.....Ian. He's working hard on learning to read, keeping his name off the board in the classroom, and totally EXCITED about baseball season. Oh yeah, he's excited about losing his teeth too

I've been trying to exercise on a regular basis. I am officially registered for the Irvine Lake Mud Run with three friends; I plan to be ready to KICK BUTT. Collin is trying to catch some sleep when he isn't working or coaching a sport. But most of all, we are busy ROOTING ON THE SAINTS!!!!!!!!!It's ALL ABOUT the black and gold Superbowl - WHO DAT!

Sunday can't come soon enough. GEAUX SAINTS!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Joy!
That is awesome that Amanda is dancing again. She is sure making a speedy recovery. Kelly also had gamma knife we Dr. Loudon. Her drs. think that is a big part of why she is doing so well now. I learned the trick is not to let them know too much about the actual procedure, which they can be knocked out for. They showed Kelly a video and it freaked her out (I don't blame her) But Dr. Loudon does it in a different place now and I know the girl that works there- she is wonderful. Kelly had a spot on her MRI the morning of her gamma knife and it hasn't been there since! Let me know anytime if you have any questions! It is good to see part of your life getting back to "normal!"
Thinking of you!
Kathy

Kim said...

THANK YOU, we check every day.

Nicole said...

Yeah Saints!!!

Anonymous said...

Guess I am supposed to comment...
WHO DAT!
From Angie