Thursday, May 24, 2007

What do I do all day???? Just your typical Mom stuff I guess, BUT some days just make me shake my head more than others.................like last week, I created my sock graveyard. Really, how many weeks do I need to keep gathering this assortment up and hoping that 'I'll have a match for that in the next load.' Please note: NOT ONE OF THESE lonely buggers belongs to me.


And then yesterday -- long, story short ---- can you picture me fishing over 30 of those STUPID Magnetix silver balls out of the hallway sink drain? Picture me with tweezers holding the builder strands clinked together / slowly lowering it down, hearing the click, & hoping that each ball will stay magnetized w/o gravity pulling my strand apart & further down the drain. It worked like a charm; I thought I was sooooo clever. Ian observed (I'm sure formulating his own grand plan) as I muttered 'how many more could there be?' He replied with his sweet little cherub chirp: 'lots!'
(note to self: remember the story of when DH dropped matchbox cars down into his parents' gas tank. Weeeeeee, splash!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! I see one of my socks! ;O)

Julie in Gig-Town

Nicole said...

I think some of those matches may be at my house! I have to say that I have a similar pile which I also hate!!!!!!