Thursday, March 13, 2008

This is my LOVE Thursday. I love this amazing lady in the photo.
My beautiful friend is doing a beautiful thing......she is helping Shave the Way to Conquer Kids' Cancer.

Read below and please help her support this amazing cause.
"I'm shaving my head. Yes, you read that right. I'm going under the clippers during a St. Baldrick's Foundation event to raise funds for childhood cancer research. Since it's inception in 2000, St. Baldrick's has raised more than $34 million and grown into the world's largest fundraising event for childhood cancer.
While battling cancer children not only lose their hair, but years of their childhood, and sometimes their lives. In comparision to their struggle, shaving my head is a small sacrifice, and the money raised with make a difference for children with cancer now and in the future.
No amount is too big or too small. To donate online, visit www.stbalricks.org and click on 'donate' and search for me by filling in my first and last name (Sandee Skversky) under 'Find a Participant'. Then click on my name to complete the transaction. You can also donate over the phone by calling 888-899-BALD."
Spread the love; everyone can donate something small --- sacrifice your lastest Starbucks or your next trip to a fast food restaurant. Let's work together to help my dear friend meet her goal of $2500.

1 comment:

Marilee said...

Hi Joy! It was so good to see you on Sunday! I wish we could have had time to chat! Next time I'm in town we'll have to have a girls day out and do lunch with Nicole, Laura and Heather! I'd love to get to know you and Heather better! I always hear so much about both of you!
Nicole was telling me about this friend of yours! She sounds amazing and I love how you have a "Love Thursday"! You are inspiring me!