Monday, April 21, 2008

There is something about spending some time scrapbooking that is so therapeutic. It is good for your soul. It just is.

I spent some time at my workshop on Friday evening assembling a small paper album for Maggie's 10th bday and I did lay-outs for nine pages in Sean's album. Then on Saturday after baseball, I proceeded to organize more photos for the next round of pages for all the kids; ordered some photos for Maggie's bday album; ordered some photos to update the school albums; and looked at many, many albums with the kids. While dh watched I Am Legend on Sat. night (great movie to scrapbook with b/c I could look away during the scary parts & not feel like a complete dork), I completed the nine pages I had jumpstarted for Sean. When I told him that I worked on his album, he responded with "cool, thanks - can I see?" Treasuring their stories is why I do this and they truly love their albums. I couldn't pick something better to be passionate about.

The main question I get about scrapbooking is 'when do you have time?' Well, I don't have time. I make time. On Saturday, I had five baskets of laundry to fold. I always have laundry to fold or some random chore to do. Knowing that I could (& would) do the laundry on Sunday, I focused on my photos.

I have to focus on the positive, right? B/c if I focus on the fact that I'm up to summer 2005 in my scrapbooking I might die.

No comments: