Thursday, April 03, 2008




Time for gardening again. Imagine my surprise when I went back to look up my post from last year about my annual gardening fest and it was exactly one year ago.

So I am officially done with planting now. The weather has been perfect spring weather and I've been trying to get outside whenever I can. (my deepest sympathy to all you snow bunnies out there) It's my little escape from the daily routine of insanity.

This years total: 1 pack of cilantro seeds; one beefsteak tomato plant (salsa anyone?); a 12pk. of marigolds; a 12pk. of Ajuga; a 6pk. of Voila; 1 gal. Scilla Peruviana (a pretty petite lavendar flower); and 3 1-gal. Cyclamen. I have mostly shaded areas with a few full sun spots. I'm hoping the marigolds will ward off the snails that like to eat my gerber daisies. I heard snail pellets are poisonous for dogs; and my silly dog likes to eat snails too.

Now, could someone please tell me what that orange plant is that is pictured above. It blooms like little cherry balls and then blossoms into these beautiful orange bursts.

No comments: