Monday, April 05, 2010

EASTER 2010.............a beautiful weekend filled with great food, fun, and friends. Collin managed to find some hot boiled crawfish; I was worried that they simply wouldn't be up to 'our' standards (ya know, the Southern spicy kind!). Well, my worries quickly disappeared when I got one whiff as he walked in the door. I danced around my kitchen as I got a sample of a few (or three, or ten!) We also made fried catfish. Literally, a Good Friday.


We spent a lot of time just being home --- cleaning, gardening, prepping food for Easter. The kids had fun with the egg hunt at church and then our family egg hunt on Easter morning at home. The eggs were actually more challenging this year; it was quite funny to tell the boys 'you are warm; you are HOT' and they still didn't see the purple egg in the tree. Easter breakfast of champions for me = coffee and a Reese's peanut butter egg followed up with a couple of Peeps! Maggie is quite fond of Peeps as well.


After church, we had our friend Ron and his family over for Easter dinner --- a fresh pork uncured ham on the grill; potato casserole; salad; baked macaroni; homemade baklava; cake; brownies......Ooooo, my. Add in an earthquake during dinner to shake things up and a good time was had by all.


Even Fritz was treated to nibbling on the pork leg bone for a little bit.


It's spring break this week for the kidlets. We have NO plans.

Well, I have plans of sleeping in daily.
(I've been trying to add pictures for two days but Blogger won't let me, ugh!)

No comments: