Saturday, September 18, 2010


I have a clever football post, but since Blogger is not letting me add the photos once again. I'll wait until I can add them.

For now, I'll post about Maggie. You don't hear about her much so I thought I would share a little about what she's been up to. two words = MIDDLE SCHOOL! She started 7th grade on Sept. 2nd; she walks to school with friends; I have yet to be at the school once (and we are starting week three). It's a whole new time of adjustment for all of us. Not knowing who her teachers are and what she is 'really' doing during the day is weird. I'm at the elementary school so much that I know who is where at any given time; now, she is just out there in some mysterious land called MIDDLE SCHOOL. I'm anxious for back-to-school night so I can meet her teachers/ put a face with a name/ learn about their expectations/ and find out where her locker is. (b/c it's ALL ABOUT THE LOCKER, ya know)

She has re-connected with many friends that she has had from different activities that she didn't attend elementary school with. She has switched from trumpet to french horn in music; and loves it. She just finished participating in Oklahoma at our local community theater. Overall, she is learning to appreciate sleeping in (that's MY girl!), probably watches too much tv, and loves junk food. (sounds pretty typical, huh?) We butt heads a lot but that's probably b/c she is such a carbon copy of me.

And now I would like to formally apologize to my Mother...........Mom, if I was half as difficult as Maggie is to shop with, please accept my apology. Store choices, style choices, color choices, fabric choices, texture choices, $$$ choices - it's enough to make your head spin. And don't forget the game of  'it's too tight; it itches; it feels weird' when Mom suggests something that the daughter hates. I'm so sorry for being a pain.

I think Maggie forgets that I was once 12-1/2 too! Little did I know that I was walking away with a piece of my Mom's heart when I walked off to the bus stop each day.


No comments: