Friday, July 15, 2011

It's summer so that means my kids have POPSICLES on the brain. Well, not only in summer, but summer makes the thoughts of cool, refreshing snacks explode. We don't have an ice-cream man that drives around and sends them into a frenzy running home for money like I did a million years ago when I was a kid. We just have an occasional Mexican guy pushing a cart with a bell when we are a baseball. (don't shoot me and tell me it's a stereotype; it's NOT; it's a true statement)

So I went in search of some popsicle molds just to try to add to the fun of it all (and maybe save some $$ in the process). I love William Sonoma stuff but can't bring myself to pay through the nose (+ shipping) for these cool molds.
I mean REALLY! They are cool and all that but not THAT cool........close to $25, yikes.

Then I came across theses nifty little ones at CVS in the bargin bin for $2! They've tried orange juice, apple juice, strawberry lemonade, and Coca-cola pops so far. Strawberry lemonade is the definite favorite. Maybe we'll try to make some limeade ones. And if I'm feeling really zany I might even buy some Kool-aid mix for them.

Not exactly the cool firecracker (red-white-blue) ones that I used to get from the ice cream truck, but definitely better than the frozen-Kool-aid-in-a-cup-and-flip-over-method my Mom used.

1 comment:

Sandee said...

you know, in a pinch, you can use dixie dups and popsickle sticks. when ready to eat, just peel off the cup :)

Of course, I haven't done that in years. Right now Kendall is on a otter-pop kick and we got a pack of 100 (non name brand) at the dollar store. Cheap treat.