Thursday, September 08, 2011

First Day of School for 2011-12 (even for me/ heading back to work)
Ian really isn't cross-eyed; he's just a clown! The kids humored me for about 30 seconds and then were DYING to get to campus to see their friends. (well, Maggie was sleeping b/c 8th grade starts tomorrow)

Sean was dropped off first because who needs Mom in 6th grade. He quickly found his friends and allowed one picture before I got a fist bump and wandered to find Amanda. He has Ms. Hager and he thinks she's pretty nice especially since she walks around her room with her shoes off. (Maggie had her too so I'm happy too)

Amanda was thrilled to officially be an 'upper grader'/4th grade. She was waiting patiently and I was able to snag an undetected picture of her meeting Mrs. Rahmann.
Then I continued on to Ian; where he was patiently waiting at his classroom with everyone else on the planet. (Geeze.....our campus has grown from 450 students to 750 students; it's only three years old and almost to capacity while the parking lot/ adjacent park/ and every street was overflowing.) He is so go-with-the-flow and knew that I would be right there once the upper graders were settled because this year they start earlier than lower grades. He happily obliged me with more photos b/c they would show off his mohawk.
Mrs. Lee gets the pleasure of his company this year for 2nd grade. He is smart, loving, and friendly but he can sure be silly too. Upon getting into the van, he proudly announced that he has a girlfriend! He clearly explained that he went up to S (his crush from last year!) and asked her to be his girlfriend and she said YES. He was beaming and said he couldn't find her to sit and eat lunch with her but played with her at the playground.

My day..............well, I LOVE MY JOB and my co-workers are the best. They always give me nice compliments and make me feel appreciated. The first graders were a bit doe-eyed and overwhelmed but I think everyone survived w/o crying or melting in the heat. And the perfect end to my day - NFL KICKOFF with the Saints and a bowl of red beans and rice!

1 comment:

Sandee said...

How fun! Glad everything got off to a good start for you all. Hope Maggie does as well tomorrow.