Saturday, November 19, 2011

......yawn....
Today has been a VERY LONG day. I'm not sure why b/c I got out of bed at 7:15am which is not far behind my normal waking-to-make-lunches time. I woke to my children UP AND AWAKE (why can't they ever get up for school like this?) playing Wii with their sleepover buddy. Cue: mad dash to the coffee pot. I worked on finishing up a digital scrapbooking project; started laundry; made breakfast; and basically just piddled around. It was a cool, dreary Saturday morning so pjs were my fashion of choice.

I got my act together around noon and we headed out to a few awesome sales and to take advantage of a promo they had to support our local public schools foundation. Successful shopping with four children is NEVER easy but we went, we shopped, we conquered! A little bribery of In-and-Out burger went a long way and it was the PERFECT treat for my Game On diet day off. We dashed home to catch the LSU game and I began to climb the laundry mountain while I banished them to their rooms for leaving their crap everywhere and being lazy laundry folders. After the shopping adventure and seeing the chaos of my living room, I simply needed them to go play quietly. I waded through three loads; made some cheater Zatarain's jambalaya for dinner and then cleaned the kitchen. HOW was it only 8pm???? Oh, and I still need to exercise (already took yesterday off, dang it!).

AND to add to my long day.........my oven is broken. Four days before Thanksgiving. Thankyouverymuch!

No comments: