Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Relocation ramblings, episode 2

the journey continues:
  • it is possible to get the center gum part of a Blow Pop without biting into the candy part. It took me an hour. And much ignoring of the temptation to 'just get it over with' as the kids kept insisting.
  • the Forest Gump soundtrack remains awesome
  • Jimmy Buffet is not so awesome in the kids' minds, parrot-heads they are not!
  • the world is SMALL when you can run into Irvine MTV friends while eating in Deming, NM
  • over our 1500 mile trek, we managed to get 40 states in the license plate game - Alaska and Maine included, but Rhode Island and Vermont remain missing
  • hotel living isn't horrible
  • $3.50 per load of laundry using the hotel machines is horrible
  • Collin did a great job with the final selection of the house - it is spacious, in a great area, and the view is spectacular :) I would share video if I could figure out how to upload it
  • I feel lost all the time; sort of like I'm on the Amazing Race without the crazy challenges
  • there is lots of amazing shopping close by
  • there are some buffalo within in a couple of miles of my house too
  • I wasn't prepared for th 48* rainy weather we had today. It's April. I am only armed with a sweatshirt. Looks like I need to watch the weather.

1 comment:

The Foil Hat said...

I'm pretty sure Rhode Island and Vermont are made up states . . . Welcome to your new home!!!! I'm so excited for you guys.