Sunday, December 29, 2013

Genius moment

Sometimes in life Most days I feel like I'm doing an adequate job at this Mom thing. I try to teach my kids right from wrong and how to make positive choices all the while knowing they are going to do their own thing. I try to teach them about healthy eating and nutritional choices despite the bombardment of fast food and advertising of crap around us. I don't pretend to live in a Pinterest perfect world or have a house that is pristine. I try my best and that is all I can do.

BUT as hard as I have tried over the YEARS, my children still use an ungodly amount of cups on a daily basis. Yes, cups. My dishwasher overflows with their madness. I know they are capable of using ONE cup per day (they do it at other peoples' houses) but no matter how much I ask, harp, preach, nag, and scream they DO NOT get it. Sooooo, I have to outsmart them.

Amanda got her blue-lidded Tervis for her birthday from a friend. That is when I had my lightbulb moment. Everyone needs their own cup.......one they can call their own, one that they cannot blame on someone else when left randomly all over the house, one they can reach for and then remember that they love it because it keeps their drink hot/cold. Even Collin got a large sized Saints/Camo Tervis. Score one for MOM! I have my Starbucks straw cup so we all now have an insulated style cup to help minimize the dishes.
 
I am happy to say that so far it is working. I highly recommend the splurge for Tervis. There are not many things that I pay extra for but I am glad that I didn't skimp on these (grateful for the sale though). 
 
Now, if I could figure out a better laundry solution. Any genius Mom ideas out there?

No comments: