Sunday, December 08, 2013

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas

And feel like Christmas too!!! Welcome ice storm whatever-your-name-is ---the Texas version of frozen tundra I suppose. The layer of ice has crushed the outdoor decorating possibilities of Clark Griswold Collin. However, it has brought the kids' dreams alive with a cancelled day of school this past Friday and the possibility of one more day off tomorrow. They have enjoyed many hours of ice play complete with using corrugated boxes, Rubbermaid storage lids, cookie sheets, and pool floats for sledding devices. Oh to be young again -- I risk life and limb just trying to get to the trash can without falling.
 
I have a new appreciation for the importance of a MUD ROOM and desperately wish I had one at this point. My front entry looks like the entire neighborhood dumped their gear before attempting to thaw with hot chocolate and Christmas shows.
We have been productive - the Christmas tree is up! (I think it needs ribbon garland though)
and I ordered the Christmas cards today (and I count this blog post as productive too!)
 
Other words or phrases that describe our last few days --- fireplace, donuts, pajamas, ice, treacherous (and successful) shopping with Collin, blankets, Christmas movies, ice, street skating/sliding, wet gloves, Christmas carols on the piano, ice, ice, ice.
 
I still need to get the fall decorations put away but I need some of them to thaw first.
So for today I will enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner that we are making today so we can enjoy some leftovers this week. And I will cheer on the Saints in front of our cozy fireplace but I suppose I should shower and change my pajamas first.
 
 

No comments: