Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"Holding it together"

Before Collin left for Texas, Ian informed him that he wasn't sure I could "hold it together" for very long. (I think this is hilarious, albeit true) So it's been a week and I'm doing ok 'holding it together'. I've surely had my moments of insanity but I had those long before the added miles between my husband and I. It's pretty much our hamster wheel of a routine so I can't complain. It's just really lonely. Sigh. Doing this solo isn't easy but now we have a light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, our contract on a house started today!!!! We will soon exit this little cracker box we call home. The kids are beyond excited to have their own rooms; I am excited that the Xbox will be OUT of my living room; and we are all excited about some elbow room. Not sure we have an official countdown timeline just yet, but I'm sure the time will fly. For now, I'm thinking Spring Break........

Here is a picture of the new place we hope to call home soon -
Happy to have a house that ISN'T STUCCO!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Foil Hat said...

Congrats! The new house is gorgeous! Does it have a pool?

The Amazing Trips said...

Sometimes, it's the little things that get us the most excited. I, too, loved moving in to a house that wasn't stucco and didn't look like every other house on the street - and had a roof with REAL shingles and REAL trees in the yard. Which, it would turn out, drop real leaves (a lot of them) that we then need to rake which can be a real pain after you fill 150 bags!

But, it's been incredibly fun and I hope that you and your family enjoy a wonderfully peaceful move and happy (new) homecoming!