Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Where have I been???
Well, busy having fun with assorted friends. Our 1st group arrived last Friday and we (9 total)had a fabulous weekend in Big Bear complete with 5in. of fresh powder for the kids to play in before we left on Monday.
NOW, we have a different group of friends here AND a much BIGGER group :) There are 12 people here - 4 adults/ 8 kids (the oldest is 11-1/2)!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few observations:
1) wife friend and I have agreed that having multiples wives IS a good thing. We are having a ball ---non-stop chatter amidst cooking, cleaning, shuffling assorted children, errands, and even having wine & margaritas. Life is good. (side note: I don't want to necessarily share my husband if you know what I mean) AND she homeschools her kids, knits, smocks & sews. I might have to kidnap her.
2) we are eating MASS quantities of food. It is completely unreal. They arrived yesterday afternoon. Since then, we have consumed 4lbs. of strawberries, 2 gallons of milk, a large box of cereal; 4 gallons of water; a Costco sized spaghetti sauce + a couple of random jars; 1-1/2 lbs. of spaghetti; 32 homemade meatballs (we made 36 and they ain't mini ones); BBQ --7 chicken breasts + 16 chicken legs; a HUGE MONDO bowl of fruit salad; an entire pack of Costco bakery cookies. We've also had green beans and corn, but I don't even know how much. This is only what I can recall. Isn't it hilarious!
3) it is beyond hilarious to hear about all the random adventures that your dh had in college. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have met him when he was graduating. His poor Mom has always said 'anything beyond 25yo is bonus!' I truly get it now. Could it be funnier to hear one of his long-time buddies say "I think I've been there during everyone of your insane mishaps."

We are heading to the mountains again this weekend and it's supposed to snow again. Yippee!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It sounds like so much fun! It always amazes me how much food is consumed when visitors arrive- as for the multiple wives thing....you are right- it would be awesome to have someone to share all the work with and to talk to while doing the work- the sharing the husband thing though isn't too cool. :)