Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I owe you a post about our winter break aka Christmas vacation.

1. alarm at 4:00AM
2. hustle out the door/through parking shuttle & LAX security mumbo-jumbo and make our flight with three carry-on bags and no checked luggage
3. SIX middle seats
4. no passengers wanted to trade
5. BEST flight ever for me, HA!
6. big hugs for Grandma
7. COLD, insanely cold temps.
8. Friendly's food tastes good when you are starving
9. why isn't there snow when it's THIS cold?(&$^@#
10. Go-carts rides with Collin
11. through the mud
12. and freezing rain
13. I took pictures from afar
14. Christmas Eve excitement
15. Kids still on Pacific time zone
16. GO TO BED ALREADY, it's after midnight
17. Nothing says Christmas morning like your 10yo daughter bursting into your room
18. "MOM, DAD - Sean just puked all over the bed"
19. Seriously? Seriously!
20. She wasn't kidding.
21. Dusting of snow while we open gifts -American Girl dolls for the girlies; DS for Sean; Power Tour guitar for Ian
22. My best little goodie Eat This, Not That book
23. Breakfast casserole for Christmas breakfast, YUM!
24. Sean attempts only grapes and then loses it again
25. Oh, lovely.
26. Proceeds to sleep for three hrs.
27. Merry Christmas!
28. Turkey dinner with all the fixins compliments of my MIL
29. So. freaking. good.
30. Sean is able to eat a small dinner. Woot!
31. Pecan pie
32. Scattergories
33. It's really fun and hilarious
34. My niece, Ann, has her own 'rules'
35. I like them
36. Nothing like an 'Annie answer'
37. It's a Wonderful Life and two versions of A Christmas Carol viewed in one day
38. The morning after - someone is puking
39. It's Collin!
40. Are you kidding me?
41. It's bad.
42. It's really bad.
43. And it's pouring rain and 35* outside.
44. My niece, Liz, a type 1 diabetic at age 11, is amazing and takes diabetes in stride.
45. My niece, Sarah, is SOOOO a teen-ager at 15-1/2 and she has a cute, friendly boyfriend too.
46. Leftovers are so good.
47. Puzzles and Scattergories fill a rainy day.
48. A sick husband is just awful.
49. Two loads of laundry.
50. Seek-and-find organizing of all the Christmas gifts.
51. What is going in the suitcase?
52. What is Gma going to ship?
53. Going home with minimal dirty laundry.
54. Fingers crossed as we head out.
55. It's 60* degrees.
56. This is crazy weather.
57. Lunch at BucaDiPeppo with all the family.
58. Lazy Susan in the Pope room!
59. Stuffed bellies head toward the airport
60. Everyone else heads to the mall
61. Checking in online is the way to go
62. Airport is crowded
63. No long lines for us :)
64. Collin is still under the weather, but putting on a good game face
65. Seats - two, two, and two
66. How did I end up with my daughter behind me?
67. Kicking my seat
68. Longest flight ever....but got through 380pgs. of Eclipse for the OH trip.
69. No baggage claim once again
70. Home and kids crashed by 9:30pm
71. Thankful for kind neighbors that fed the fish and the cat
72. Aaaaaah, my own bed
73. I love my bed.
74. I love sleep.
75. Except when awakened by puking.
76. Yes, Collin is STILL sick.
77. Sunday was all about relaxing; putting the house back together; errands; laundry; and spraying Lysol
78. Monday AM, Fritz returned home
79. Happy dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
80. Clean the kids bedrooms and pack for an AZ roadtrip
81. 6pm, fill them full of pancakes
82. 7pm, stop at home for pajamas & the dog
83. 7:30pm, hit the road
84. 370 miles
85. Sleeping children
86. Large cup of coffee/ CDs/ gum
87. five hour drive; 74mph average; arrive 1:30am(AZ time)
88. fall into bed
89. fun with friends
90. relaxing
91. Bedtime Stories movie
92. loved the movie
93. Ian says he feels like he's going to barf as we are walking out of the theater
94. Falls asleep on the ride back to Sandee's
95. Promptly barfs down my back as I attempt to move him to the couch
96. Oh yeah!
97. Frantically washing my hands aftering changing my clothes
98. Ian naps on the couch while we enjoy take-out Mexican, YUM!
99. Ian wakes and barfs again
100. Happy New Year!

No comments: