Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ahhhh, the sweet sound of rain

I have always loved the rain....especially if I can stay home under a blanket and just enjoy it. Add a great book and a hot cup of coffee and that is bonus. Maybe even pjs and slippers? scrapbooking? You get the drift. Right now, dinner is rolling; a crackling fire is burning; music is on; and I am uploading pics. While it rains, rains, rains. Ahhh!

Since I am uploading recent pics I thought I would share a few:
Mag got a medal for her UIL solo

Sean turned 14

my god-daughter is getting married at the end of April; her New Orleans bridal shower was last week (her fiance, Mike, is from Chalmette - they met in Witchita, crazy, huh?)

the French Quarter on a beautiful 'spring' day 
(this guy was right outside the Cathedral and he was mesmerizing)



There were many days were I stepped off the school bus into a torrential downpour and there was nothing more awesome than heading home to warm clothes and the sound of thunder rolling outside. I am hoping Sean and his friends who are out playing football in this downpour are creating fond memories. A warm dinner will hopefully add to his day. Fritz, however, is not fond of the rain or thunder and needs a Thundershirt.

No comments: