Friday, December 01, 2006

A moment of bliss-
Most days I think I'm not conquering this Mommy job very well. I yell too much; my kids watch too much TV; do I play with them enough; am I providing healthy enough food?; etc., etc. BUT there are moments that make me realize my kids love me perfect or not. They even like some of my little quirks.

My favorite little pajama clad superhero (aka Ian) crashed into the couch and bumped his head. (Apparently he needs some additional superhero training.) Tears aflowing, I scooped him up for some Mommy luvin'. And then one of my quirks submerged....as I sat there on the cold tile trying to comfort him, I started to sing. It's something I've always done. And it worked. His crying softened and he started to just listen. :*) I've sung to them (as most Moms do) since they were wee newborns. I've always sung to them; often ridiculous made up stuff, but still singing. I don't think I'm great at singing, but I did sing in high school for 4years; I can read music; I can carry a tune. And now, it's something that I see my kids love about me; as part of being their Mom. It's the smallest things that often go unnoticed.

Don't get me wrong -- I won't be singing at their weddings or anything.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love it! I often feel like I'm not a good enough mom, but moments like that make up for things I miss. Your kids are lucky to have such a fun loving, happy, positive loving mother!!!!!