Friday, March 30, 2007




So I attempted some pre-spring gardening back in February.......lined the front walkway with pansies, pruned & weeded the rose gardens, planted snapdragons and some other assorted flowers to fill in them empty bed spots, fertilized it all. Fast forward to now with minimal watering from me, phase 1 of gardening ended with this: the roses are blooming, the LONE pansy that survived, and some pretty purple flowers. Almost all of the snapdragons d.i.e.d. along with the spring planter at the door. I so stink at this.
SO, yesterday I started phase 2. With the help of some awesome customer service at Armstrong Garden Center, I added some gerber daisies to the front rose bed; put in more pansies & petunias in walkway bed; reworked the planter at the door with Rhaniculas (sp?) and some other funky stuff; composted it all. Today I'm planting some tomatoes in the backyard random spot that is full-sun (along with Amanda's bean project from school).
I have decided that THIS will be my exercise. How pathetic and old am I that I consider gardening my exercise, but I'm getting some yoga stretches out of this, I think. It makes me sore and tired. So why shouldn't it count.
Aside from the tomatoes, the backyard remains a scary, pathetic jungle to be conquered.
Stay tuned to see what survives.................

No comments: