Sunday, February 10, 2008



I'm not a big military buff. My dh being the typical male species will watch anything anywhere on military stuff. Most of his TV watching consists of History Channel or Discovery Channel or another military flick (title doesn't matter; he'll watch the same one over & over). Most of it is lost with me and I'm Charlie Brown listening to his teacher when he talks to me about it.

However, I do want to give credit where credit is due. If you ever get the chance to watch Band of Brothers, DO IT. Done by Spielberg & Hanks, it is gripping, realistic, and heartwrenching. The scene where the company comes across the concentration camp KILLS me everytime. It's not on the same level as most recent war films. It's intense like Saving Private Ryan and Pearl Harbor, but in no way do you get the 'men in uniform' look of Affleck

I need to go watch a chick-flick to get my life back in balance. Got any suggestions?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I always love a good viewing of While You Were Sleeping- one of my all time favorites! I especially love the dinner scene when they are all talking over each other- so my house growing up! Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon is a great one too, or Notting Hill- you gotta love the crazy roommate and Hugh Grant's curly hair.