Friday, January 09, 2009



FAVORITE THING FRIDAY
This is the COOLEST book out there and it truly is invaluable. So imagine my surprise when the book arrived in my mailbox as a surprise gift from my mother-in-law. She's a gem and knows how much I love Eat This, Not That (the fast food version).

I truly do my best to provide healthy options for my kids. I already buy whole wheat bread, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta. I read labels and spend time picking the best options. But his book breaks everything down easily and keeps it real.

For example: Sweet Cereals
EAT Apple Jacks, Not Apple Cinn. Cheerios, who knew?
EAT Fro. Flakes Gold, Not Post Golden Crisp
They are basically saying 'Hey, we know your kids want this stuff so here is the better choice.'

It compares random things and tosses out surprises all the time. It recommends Nature's Own Whitewheat bread. Again, who knew? I've always skipped the 'whitewheat' stuff but this could be a great option as a chance-of-pace selection for the kiddos.
Ragu vs. Prego --- "Ragu wins over Prego in nearly every matchup". Even Hamburger Helper has a page (um, no thanks!)

I think everyone can benefit from this book. Everyone. The kids have even been scouring the pages and telling me that Funyuns & SunChips are on the Eat This page for corn chips.

It's tough b/c I am a sale and coupon shopper, but at least I know what I really want to stock up on when I can.

Now I'm going to eat some leftover See's candy while the kids are at school.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love it- I think I need that book!