Sunday, March 17, 2013

Good stuff

It's the good stuff that makes the stress more bearable.....our final weekends here are upon us.......this weekend was amazing.
Yesterday Maggie was able to spend the day at Disneyland with her bff because of my co-workers generosity. After dropping her off, I snagged some beignets and surprised the other kids with one of their most favorite treats in the world. Then I decided that we should trot off to watch Ian's best buddy, Ben, play in his baseball game because we need to soak in some Irvine Pony baseball before we leave. (who has packing to do?) What a great decision. I got to see Ben play great and hug a few friends that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten to say farewell to - Kristy, Erin, Deborah - you are such great women. I am proud to call you friend(s). Then, I shuffled to pick up some furniture donations that a great friend (Janet Miller!) had offered our family. What a blessing.....our home in Texas just got a bit more cozy because of their generosity. I did manage to get it in the garage even with the mustang still there, ugh! After that, I shuffled Amanda off to a SURPRISE farewell party that her friends put together on their own.
What an amazing group of young ladies. Thank you for making Amanda feel so special. Times like these are treasured memories forever.
And Saturday wasn't finished yet......I headed off to MTV for Nunsense. OH MY GOODNESS! So amazing. So jealous I missed being in the cast. Lots of laughs and tears were shed and boy did it bring back memories of Catholic school. Here's a glimpse of me and my 'sister' friends
A bittersweet ending to our six years at MTV. Such talent - all cultivated with love by Denise Fenton. Thank for the memories.
 
Sunday was even better :)
Maggie performed her final time on the MTV stage to a packed house in the closing show of Aladdin. She has loved all of her performances over the years but today was extra special. She held it together and sang beautifully. But the best was yet to come after the curtain call. We were able share in Kenneth's proposal to our talented and beautiful director, Aurora. Dressed as her Prince, he shocked us all (except for those sneaky secret keepers) and she said YES!
 
Saying good-bye is difficult but as the song from Little Women says "some things are meant to be". And Aurora and Kenneth certainly are an example of that.
 

No comments: