Thursday, March 21, 2013

In the blink of an eye......

Ian turned NINE! It doesn't seem possible. In celebration of his birthday, this post is all about him - nine things I love about Ian.
1)He is our family caboose and he is an easy-going little guy. He was due on the 14th; I thought he might be a St.Patrick's Day baby, but he came on the 19th. Nevertheless, I call him our good luck charm.
2) He's always up for anything. Since he could walk, he wanted to do anything his siblings could.
3) He is a dirt magnet. The laundry is messy but I love that he lives life to the fullest.
4) He is friendly and loves being with his friends.
5) He is a monkey. He can climb most anything and he makes me cringe at the same time. But, I love that he isn't afraid to conquer a challenge. (hence, the nickname George after Curious George)
6) I love the bond that he and Maggie share. He loves Sean and Amanda but Maggie is a cut above and he has always adored her.
7) He loves the outdoors......the beach, camping, skiing, sports.....especially when he can make a water mohawk.
8) He loves seafood (Mama's boy!) and would eat crab or shrimp everyday if our budget allowed.
9) He has piercing blue eyes and a smile that is contagious.
10) He makes me laugh everyday. And some days he makes me crazy, too - but he tolerates my photo ops, my insistence on eating his vegetables, and my nick-names. Rarely, do I call him Ian. It's mostly George or Dane and he still wants to cuddle me so I think it's ok with him.

That was 10 instead of 9, but we'll say that's one extra for 'good luck' instead of the extra birthday spank, right?

He melts might heart especially when he says things like "today is the best day because I got to spend it with you" when we went to Disney. Now, if I could just make him stay this way forever.

 
 
 

No comments: