Thursday, August 29, 2013

What's cooking?

Well if the question were WHO is cooking, the answer would be me :) What about you? Cooking is cheaper, healthier (overall), and can even be fun. And I want my kids to 'come home' for home cooking when they get older so I'm trying to set the tone now. I know they will really be looking for laundry help and Collin's bbq but I like to pretend sometimes.

Here's the latest meal plan (going back a bit so because I use these posts for reference later):

Aug. 18 - leftovers; soup & quesadilla
Aug. 19 - gholash (gr. beef); salad
Aug. 20 - roasted chicken; mash. potato&gravy; salad
Aug. 21 - pork chops; polenta; green beans
Aug. 22 - hamburgers; fresh fruit
Aug. 23 - lasagna; eggplant; garlic bread
Aug. 24 - smoked pork roast; twice-baked potato; corn on cob
Aug. 25 - salmon; quinoa; brown sugar carrots
Aug. 26 - tuna steaks; couscous; stmd.broccoli
Aug. 27 - stuffed bell peppers (beef&sausage, leftover quinoa); cantaloupe.
Aug. 28 - enchiladas (leftover pork, green chiles, cut corn off cob); Mexican rice
Aug. 29 - leftovers; soup & quesadilla
Aug. 30 - baked fish; risotto; peas
Aug. 31 - crab cakes; ranch red potatoes; asparagus
Sept. 1 -   steak; coleslaw; baked beans
Sept. 2 -   fettucine alfredo with chicken; stmd. broccoli
Sept. 3 -   tuna melts; fruit salad
Sept. 4 -   tacos (beef &turkey), refried beans (make guacamole)
Sept. 5 -   chef salad; strawberries
Sept. 6 -   take n' bake pizza; Caesar salad (*homecoming game for Mag/ Mom helping)
Sept. 7 -   bbq country pork ribs; whole wheat pasta salad; asparagus
Sept. 8 -   herb grilled chicken; crockpot applesauce; baked sweet potato
Sept. 9 -   white beans & ham (w/ rice); salad
Sept. 10 - sausage sandwiches; cantaloupe; stmd. broccoli
Sept. 11 - grilled tri-rip; polenta; green beans
Sept. 12 - hot dogs; fruit salad (sometimes you just have to do this, lol)
Sept. 13 - meatloaf; mac n' cheese; peas
Sept. 14 - stuffed pork chops; salad

Happy Cooking! (and Happy Eating)
P.S. We have dessert on Sundays. This past week I made a butter pecan cake. HOLY MOLY!!! It was simply a recipe I saw on Facebook at some point and googled it. I made the Taste Of Home one. It is three layers so it makes a lot but it is soooooooo good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in such awe of your cooking & planning. I hate cooking and planning dinners. Someone (mostly Jake) always doesn't like what I'm planning to make. Or we're all scattered at various practices at dinner time. Bleh.