Friday, May 03, 2013

New blog address/ relocation ramblings, episode 5

I figured it only appropriate to adjust my blog address to reflect our location. So, now it is www.hall6intx.blogspot.com I hope the handful of people who read here can still find me.

SO how is Texas?
I would answer with so far/so good.
Here's a picture of the house from when we first arrived.
and here is a view from the backyard
this was from the first time Ian and Fritz were out there running around.
We really love the view. Tons of birds, squirrels, rabbits, turtles, ducks, an occasional crane, and geese sometimes.
 
Overall, it is really nice. Our neighborhood is located in a nice community and Amanda and Ian are able to walk to and from school. Sean and Maggie take the bus from a stop three houses down. (Can I say the mornings are quite pleasant with different wake times and out-the-door times. Maggie has about 35min on her own with no one to argue with about the bathroom. Small victories.) There is tons of shopping close by so I feel like I'm still in Irvine yet don't know where I'm going most of the time. The kids seem to be adjusting and making friends. Ah, friends. I miss them so much. (especially this little chicklet, Miss Gracie - this is how she said 'good-bye' to each of us/ with nose kisses and forehead rubs)
 I am pretty much the lone ranger. Fritz keeps me company as I unpack and ramble about cleaning. I am pretty sure the friendly folks here think I'm crazy because I'll talk to anyone.....gotta have some adult conversation. The weather changes enough that it always makes for nice conversation, ya know.
I keep telling myself to 'give it time' but I'm not known for my patience.

One of the reasons we moved was to be closer to family. And we already took advantage of that opportunity. Our roadtrip to NOLA this weekend was swift but fun. The kids got to hang out (literally) with my Mom and the cousins for a few. Add in some great food, SNOBALLS, and some time with the Caluda family and I would call it a success.
Collin and I made it to the Theta Xi 50th Anniver. Formal. We got to dress up like grown-ups and hang with some old friends. We even went to The Bulldog (same location/new name), a bar we used to go to in college. So, it was even more fun for me because I had friends :)
So as Ian would say 'life is good!'
(except for the barf that Fritz just blessed me with, thanks pal)

No comments: