Wednesday, October 18, 2006

HOME.............
Still here, just wondering around with several blog topics in my head and I can't seem to get any of them out of my brain.

What a difference a week makes.....all of a sudden I'm magically older AND did a quick visit to New Orleans (compliments of my brother). In recent years as my bday approached I found myself having to figure out how old I was turning. It's not that I can't do math, it's just that now the bdays just seem to melt into one another and they are just another day. Don't get me wrong; I love my the gifts/hugs/cards. It is just that it's a reminder of my wrinkles and slowing metabolism.

Now - the visit to New Orleans. It was nice to spend time with my family by myself. Not having to worry about what my kids are doing and what they might get in trouble for is always nice. Plus having undivided attention to play with my nephews is an added bonus. I was able to surprise a couple of friends that didn't know I was coming in town and I even scored a nice dinner out of the deal. Just to enjoy a grown-up dinner with friends is quite a treat. I even got to pop in on a family bday party for my 80yo Uncle Jesse. I saw cousins I hadn't seen since my wedding (almost 11yrs. ago). The Cantrelles sure know how to make me remember home: comfort food, Saints football, and lots of fun. Stepping off the plane in New Orleans, I felt a feeling of 'aaaaaahhhhh, it's good to ge home' even after being gone for 16yrs. BUT then, stepping off the plane in OC to a gaggle of screaming kids 'Moooooommmmmmmmyyyyyy's here!' also sent into the mode of 'it's good to be home.'

Home is where the heart is; very true, but don't forget that your heart has many chambers!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How lame am I that I forgot your birthday!!????????? I'll have to do something fun....(imagine me thinking now).