Tuesday, July 09, 2013

On the road again......

How is it possible that I haven't blogged yet in July? Well, I've been busy. Busier than usual. You know, summer busy that involves juggling kid schedules/ working your part-time job/ and keeping them from getting too booooorrrreeeed. We had friends visit near the end of June and then shortly thereafter we hit the road to New Orleans. We spent the 4th of July weekend with tons of friends (and some family visiting too). If someone had told me last 4th of July that I would be spending 2013's celebration in a campground in Covington, LA with my best friend and her family I would have told you that the notion was impossible. I'm learning nothing is impossible. We shared lots of laughter; enjoyed plenty of food; cooled off in the waters of a Bouga Falaya tributary; and loved every minute. Golf cart ride anyone?

Now that Maggie is finishing off her summer testing, we are heading toward family in Mansfield, Ohio. Yep, another road trip. Just me, four kids and the dog.....oil change, check; tire pressure, check; wash and detail, check; full gas tank, check. There is more laughter to share; food to enjoy; and cool waters of Grandma's pool -- along with cousins to hang with; a pond to fish in; and go-cart rides. So while affording a trip to Hawaii or the like is impossible at this point (much to the kids dismay), vacations and memory-making are possible.

Praying for safe travels as we add three more states to the ones we have navigated --- adding Arkansas, Tennessee, and Kentucky. First Stop - Jackson, TN here we come

No comments: